There’re several different types and models of 3D printers available in the market, but one that has caught beginner and also expert 3D printing enthusiasts’ attention is the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer.
Conceivably, this 3D printer packs plenty of great qualities that users appreciate. But is the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer good? Is it worth the money? Is it able to complete the whole print of your personalized content? Let’s know it all in this review article below…
The Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer is surely a good printer for both beginners and experts because it is straightforward to set up as well as use and also produces high-quality prints.
Additionally, it is affordable, thus, the machine is an excellent unit for those just beginning 3D printing. Moreover, there are a lot of online teachings to follow as soon as you start using this unit.
This review article is going to highlight a few of the specifications, features, pros, and cons of the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer.
Continue reading this article to get further details on the comfort of using this printer, what software is required, and also insights into a few of the issues you may face while using it.
- 1 Creality Ender 3 VS Ender 3 Pro: What Are The Differences?
- 2 Overview Of The Creality Ender 3 Pro Printers
- 3 Review Of The Creality Ender 3 Pro Printer
- 4 Why Should You Purchase Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer?
- 5 FAQ Creality Ender 3 Pro Review
- 6 Final Verdict
Creality Ender 3 VS Ender 3 Pro: What Are The Differences?
Although both devices are almost identical and even have the same print quality, build volume, etc. The Creality Ender 3 printer has a Bike heated bed that’s attached to the machine’s build plate as well as cannot be removed.
Besides, the Y-Axis aluminum extrusion (here the bed moves front & back) is thinner than the Ender 3 Pro printer’s Y-Axis, which can present a bit of a see-saw.
On the other hand, the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer, has the Magnetic Build Surface which is a massive upgrade as it makes extracting the prints easy, you can change it for another one.
The Y-Axis extrusion is sturdier, as well as it even has a Power Supply produced by an admirable manufacturer (named Meanwell), while the Creality Ender 3 printer comes with a generic one. The power supply of this printer is safer as well as is supposed to be more modest.
The final major difference between Creality Ender 3 VS Ender 3 Pro is the print disposition base which is reversed on the Pro printer version. The problem on the Ender 3 printer was that the cooling fan of the base is supposed to be set on the top as well as filament can get sucked in.
On the other hand, with the Pro printer that isn’t any longer a problem as it sucks air in the bottom. The Ender 3 Pro printer is almost similar to the Creality Ender 3 printer and only comes with some quality. I think that the main ones are the enhanced Y-Axis extrusion and the Magnetic bed.
Overview Of The Creality Ender 3 Pro Printers
The Ender printer series from Creality company is an affordable 3D printer that is affordable. Similarly, not compromising on the unit’s quality. And, Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer isn’t different.
Obtainable at a very appealing price range, the 3D printer is one of the best printers in its category. It’s easy to form and use. From experts to beginners, Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer suits the requirements of different types of users with comfort.
Besides being a compact device appropriate for home usage, the Printer boasts several advanced qualities too. Additionally, the diet space for build includes the general appeal of the device.
With a robust design and a strong body, Creality guarantees that the operators get the optimum value printing. Not only that but also Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer is easier to set up as soon as compared to its forerunner.
In brief, Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer has several amazing advantages for the users of this print that you might not see in costly printers too.
Here’s a detailed Creality Ender 3 Pro review briefing on the numerous pros and cons. The Ender 3 Pro printer has a reliable build quality. Its frame is created using aluminum as well as the printer features a glass bed to print objects.
The printer is even provided with a reliable power supply to protect the printer from random power waves that can heat the hotbed to around 110℃ degrees Celsius within a few seconds.
The printer also comes with a resume function for printing, which ensures the printer continues printing from the previously recorded extruder place after a random power cut. The printer has a 1-year warranty as well as lifetime technical service.
Slicer Settings on The Printer
The Creality Ender 3 Pro printer has some default settings that are easy to use and you can get started with your printing journey.
However, in case you wish to get the maximum result out of this printer, you’ll need to change the settings and match your precise requirements. Here are some things you can adjust in the software of slicer:
• Type Of filament
• Size Of the nozzle
• The temperature of the bed
• The temperature of the extruder
• Speed of the printing
• The percentage of the infill
• The settings of the support materials
There are only a few things that you need to adjust in the software of the slicer. With some experimentation, you will get the ideal settings for your required images.
Software & Settings
This printer has the Creality Slicer, which is perfectly compatible with PCs Windows and also is based on Cura, an open-source software. The most prevalent slicers for this printer are Simplify3D, Cura, and PrusaSlicer.
Loading Filament & Leveling
To load the filament, heat the extruder for your preferred material. When the extruder reaches the correct temperature, insert the filament to feed it through before the material comes out from the nozzle.
And to level the printer’s build plate, adjust the leveling screws before the build plate is properly leveled with the printer’s extruder. Consider using a paper to determine whether the build plate is properly leveled or not.
This printer uses an FDM or Fused Deposition Modeling printing technique and comes with a build volume of 220mm x 220mm x 250mm. It comes with the highest resolution of 100 microns.
This printer is good for both beginners & experts similarly. It’s easy to operate and has all of the qualities that you should get started with 3D printing. With its several uses, the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer is the optimal printer for under $300 available on the market now.
What Is Inside The Box?
The machine comes in a compact box. It is a Do-It-Yourself kit but it’s really easy to assemble. The elements of the package consist of:
• Pre-assembled frames
• A set of equipment for the printer’s assembly
• Printer’s base
• Spatula to remove the printed object from the hotbed
• A few spare parts
• LCD Screen and an adjustment knob
• To clean ends there is a fine point needle
• Spool holder
• A real PLA (Polylactic acid)
• AC power cord
• 8 GB SD card & card reader
• User manual
• USB power cable
• Print volumes: 220 mm x 220 mm x 250mm
• Filaments: 1.75 mm
• Nozzles: Single 0.4 mm
• Maximum print speeds: 180 mm per second
• The temperature of the heated bed: is 110 degrees Celsius
• Connectivity: SD card & card reader
• Layer resolutions: 0.1 to 0.4mm (100 to 400 microns)
• Print precisions: +/- 0.1mm
• LCD screens: Yes
• Assembly Type: Do-It-Yourself Kit
• Technology used: FFF FDM
• Layer heights: 100 to 400 Microns
• Bed levelings: Manual
• Closed print chambers: No, there is an open structure
• Feeder systems: Bowden
• Extruder Types: Single
• The temperature of the maximum heated bed: is 212 °F or 100 °C
• The temperature of the maximum extruder: is 491 °F or 255 °C
• Filament runout detections: No
• Operating systems: Mac OSX, Windows, Linux
• Print bed detail: Heated bed, removable, magnetic, with a viscose surface sticker
• Mechanical arrangements: Cartesian-XZ-Head
• Weights: 6.9 kg or 15.2 lbs
• Dimension: 440 mm x 410 mm x 465 mm
• Print recovery needed: Yes
The Creality Ender 3 Pro printer is prevalent among beginners and users with a tight budget range. The machine comes unassembled with an open-source structure.
Therefore, it’s easy to adjust. Indeed, there are several features that Creality Ender 3 Pro printer offers. From a detachable bed to a resume print process, you can predict it to excel in several ways.
• This printer is an elevated version of the Creality Ender 3 printer, has the Meanwell power supply as well as a new sticker for the platform, and also redesigned the extrusion. The printer offers the same excellent performance as the Creality Ender-3 printer, upgraded features make Ender 3 Pro printer more durable, stable, and also more comfortable to use.
• More Stable Printer: Redesigned using a sturdier 40×40 extrusion made of aluminum for the Y-axis base of the printer. This offers stability for the process of printing, causing a better quality of print.
• MeanWell Power Supply: This printer comes with a MeanWell power supply. This is constructed by the company with advanced technology, and it fulfills all the requirements of fast heating & long-time printing. This printer is protected by its power supply from power outages and voltage spikes. In case of electrical power cuts, prints will be resumed from the place where they stopped, reducing waste and saving time.
• Enriched Additions: It’s surprising to see that more practical accessories are given in the package itself. Spare parts can help you save time when you need them the most.
• Superior Printing Surface: A new advanced “C-MAG” sticker (magnetic) is designed for this printer, it’s entirely flexible, removable, and can adhere to the printer’s platform perfectly. When the model finishes printing, you can remove the magnetic sticker from the lower and flex or bend the surface to pop the printed product off the surface.
Pros of Creality Ender 3 Pro
• Very pocket-friendly. Amazing value for money
• Improved stability and better parts
• Quick heating hotbed to reach 110°C within only 5 minutes
• Professional packaging
• Easy assembly
• Easily upgradeable parts that help you to improve the printer as you wish
• Compact design with a good print volume
• Good filament compatibility – can 3D print adjustable filaments because of the tight path of the filament
• Uniform high-quality prints again and again, comparable to yop rated printers
• Peace of mind in case of a power outage happens because the unit comes with the resume feature for printing
• Easy to obtain print adhesion as well as remove prints off the bed after completing printing with the adjustable print surface
• Lifetime technical assistance as well as 24-hour professional-client straightforward software is straightforward and allows you more ability and freedom
Cons of Creality Ender 3 Pro
• As this printer is not assembled completely, it does need some post assembly.
• Lack of automatic bed leveling
• Lack of enclosure
• The control display is a little bit outdated
• The noise of the printer is among the most common objections that you will see online, which is with several 3D printers instead of with the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer.
• The wiring could be better as you’ve got a lot of wires running around. These are not too annoying since they’re mostly under and at the printer’s back.
• Some users of the printer also saw the interface as quite jumpy, particularly with the manual dial as well as once it gets caught in the center of a movement, you can often click the wrong thing.
• Also, the changing of filament can be a little bit problematic. Also, the wires of the printer are quite messy to handle. However, in general, the printer is alright for normal use. It works fairly well even after being a budget printer.
Review Of The Creality Ender 3 Pro Printer
All over the internet, the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer comes with almost perfect Five Star ratings, and that too for good reason. Looking through many reviews the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer has a brilliant commonality that it is an awesome 3D printer.
You will find no lack of great considerations depending on the ease of use, sharp quality of the print, and also a very affordable price range.
If you’re a beginner curious about creating your very first printing product or an expert entrepreneur trying to make a print farm to construct 3D printed items, the Ender 3 pro comes with plenty of things to deliver with just a few drawbacks.
Using the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer, you can have a smooth printing experience. I think among the most annoying things that users found in this printer is the demand to level the heating bed often and requiring to modify the belt again and again.
You have huge communities of users who have experienced the same kind of things but somehow have produced some practical solutions to handle these issues.
There are a few things disadvantages, but there is also a handful number of great advantages thus, after a few tinkering, maximum people are incredibly happy with their Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer.
Most users of this printer are expressing how this printer was better than anticipated and how it performed flawlessly out of the box. Instead of using the instructions, it is a good concept to follow an explicit YouTube video so that you do not miss anything.
The magnetic build surface is offered plenty of love as it makes your printing life easier. Some users noted how after 1 week they had extrusion issues, but with the great client service of Creality, they helped them through the issue to get prosperous prints again.
Here are a few highlights of the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer that a huge community of people has admired.
Improved Mechanical Properties
To improve the build surface’s stability, the manufacturer offered better extrusion with aluminum for the base of the Y-axis. Not only that, the robust bearing wheels let higher stiffness with decreased friction. Therefore, providing excellent dimensional strength.
Detachable Build Plate
This printer comes with a “C-MAG” magnetic build plate. This sheet isn’t only detachable but also flexible. Therefore, making it more comfortable for users to remove the printed object from the build plate as soon as the printing is completed.
Additionally, the sheet comes with a textured surface. Thus, letting better sticking of the initial layers of the product.
Decreased Noise Levels During Printing
Normally, the 3D printers without a retained frame make plenty of noise while printing. Nevertheless, this isn’t the case with Creality Ender 3 pro printer.
By confirming a few broad rubber feet, and other design modifications from its precursor, the manufacturer can reduce the level of noise greatly.
Tighter Path Of Filament
This’s a very sharp advancement. With a more secure path for the movement of filament, Creality Ender 3 Pro printer makes it easier to work with flexible filament.
Safe Power Supply
The 3D printer comes with a UL-approved power supply. This safeguards the device if random power fluctuations. Similarly, the power supply assists in heating the bed to 110 degrees C in less than 5 minutes. Permitting users to initiate their print projects without waiting for a long time.
Print Resume Quality
Creality never stops impressing people with its favorably capable printers obtainable for a reasonable price range. Including state-of-the-art features like the print resume system with Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer, the manufacturer guarantees that people can work perfectly without thinking about power cuts.
The 3D printer keeps the last position of the extruder during times of power cuts. Then resumes the printing process from where it gets stopped when the electricity is back. Thus, saving the extreme hassle of printing models.
Heated Bed Of The Printer
Creality contains a heated bed that supports printing with some flexible filaments. Therefore, you aren’t restricted to 1 or 2 materials, nevertheless, you can test with numerous choices.
Why Should You Purchase Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer?
Endean r 3 Pro 3D printer is quite impressive device. Offering an overload of advantages to the users of the printer, it comes with different amazing qualities. And, its reasonable price range makes it more desirable.
Thus, let’s see whether the Printer is worth your money and attention or not. So, here are the reasons, why you should consider buying the Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer…
Quality Of The 3D Printers
Users of the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer can acquire a layer resolution that ranges between 100 to 400 microns while printing using this machine. This is approvingly sufficient t when assessing the price of the Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer.
Cost Of The 3D Printer
Without any mistrust, the 3D print is affordable. It is available at only $240, Creality Ender 3 Pro printer is the most suitable option for users searching for a qualified budget-friendly Printer.
Capability Of The 3D Printer
Being a perfect printer for beginners, Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer offers acceptable outcomes to the users of this printer. It can print parts using supports as well as intricate designs. Never, users should provide the accurate settings to attain desired outcomes.
Speed Of The 3D Printer
The speed of the printing is amazing. Users of this printer can get a maximum speed of printing which is 180 mm/s. Additionally, with a durable design, Creality Ender 3 Pro guarantees that the products come out prominent at a higher speed too.
User Expectations Of The 3D Printer
Besides the complicated setup as well as manual calibration, this 3D printer satisfies users with its general performance.
Practicality Of The 3D Printer: Most useful for beginners as well as home users. So, if you are searching for a practical 3D printer then this one is certainly the best one under budget.
FAQ Creality Ender 3 Pro Review
Following are the common questions on Creality Ender 3 Pro
Is Creality Ender 3 Pro Printer worth it?
It is an excellent value for money product and you can also count on getting great print quality as well as a lot of support. The elements that are included in this 3D printer are great as well as still do not cost you too much. So, this printer is worth every single penny.
Is The Ender 3 Pro Good For Beginners?
The Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D printer is surely a good printer for both beginners and experts because it is straightforward to set up as well as use and also produces high-quality prints. Additionally, it is affordable, thus, one of the machines excellent for those just beginning 3D printing.
Moreover, there are a lot of online teachings to follow as soon as you start using this unit.
What Are The Downsides Of The Ender 3 Printer?
Here are a few disadvantages of the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer…
• The Print bed leveling of the printer is quite tricky
• Some drawbacks of the printer were not ironed out.
• We have encountered issues with brittle filaments.
• The magnetic bed is not to everybody’s liking.
• Often, extra adhesion material is needed.
• You need to go through a little assembly process
You may believe it or you may not, there is not much set apart from the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer from its extremely famous predecessor beyond a few changes.
To begin with, the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer has been designed with a stronger, 40 × 40 extrusion made of aluminum for the Y-axis base of the printer.
Another element that makes the Creality Ender 3 Pro printer model is the advanced Meanwell Power Supply Unit (in short PSU), which is quieter, thinner, and overall better than the one featured on the original Creality Ender 3 printer.
Finally, Creality Render 3 Pro 3D printer also included a magnetic bed for printing to the build plate. This sheet is flexible and removable, making it more straightforward to pluck completed prints off of the printer’s build surface.
It comes with a textured surface that should enhance adhesion for all kinds of filament, removing the requirement for glue sticks, tape, and also hairspray.
Or else, the Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer comes with the identical design, build volume, and also overall functions as the original Creality Ender 3 printer.
I hope this info was helpful! Have a great day!