Are you looking for the best 3D printer that is a jack of all trade? Do you want to know the best all-in-one 3D printers?
If you are into multifunctional tools, getting a 3-in-1 3D printer is the best option for you because it offers several functionalities aside from 3D printing.
You can liken it to a Swiss Army knife which boasts a number of features like laser engraving and cutting, vinyl cutting, drawing and more. Yes 3 in 1 3D printers work as a printer, laser engraver, laser cutting, vinyl cutting and more.
However, it’s not easy to shop around and look for the top 3 in 1 3D printer because most claim that they are the best but only a few deliver. Also, even the best ones don’t get a lot of in-depth reviews from critics and users.
If you are a 3D printer buyer looking for a 3D printing CNC machine, I’m here to help! Continue reading to learn your options when buying the best 3 in 1 3D printers. Again, you will find the 3 in 1 3D printers in the list below and you can count on us that they are 3D printing CNC machines, CNC milling laser machines and CNC laser cutter too because they come with multiple tool heads allowing you to operate the 3D printer in the way you wish it to be.
Best 3 in 1 3D Printers
I understand that it’s not easy to find the all-in-one 3D printer for you, so I compiled the top choices in the market. These all-in-one 3D printers will help you with CNC milling laser cutting and more.
Here are my picks for the best 3 in 1 3D printers.
1. Snapmaker 2.0 3D Printer Review
The Snapmaker Original already made waves, but the brand took it further by improving it with Snapmaker 2.0 which features a uniform and general upgrade in performance and size over its predecessor. It also comes with an all-metal frame and parts for better precision and durability and a larger build area and build volume even for its A150 model.
This 3 in 1 3D printer can print PLA, ABS, and flexible ones like TPU filaments. Snapmaker 2.0 also comes with WiFi connectivity and a USB port allowing you to print remotely online or offline via USB. It is also equipped with a portable touchscreen like a smartphone to operate the printer conveniently and manage the project easily.
It also operates smartly and automatically stops when you need to load more filament and resume where you left off. Thanks to this, you won’t waste time because your progress is saved in the event of a power outage.
As a laser engraver, it creates contrasting images on fabrics, leather, plywood and acrylic materials. It has a built-in camera too that lets you monitor the design remotely and ensure that it works smoothly.
As a CNC milling laser machine, Snapmaker 2.0 carves designs on walnut, PCB woods, carbon fiber sheets, acrylic and hardwood. It’s a great upgrade from its predecessor, Snapmaker Original, in terms of size, performance and speed. Thousands of makers lined up and invested in Snapmaker Original and satisfied customers were so happy with it that they came back for its second iteration and supported Snapmaker 2.0.
This 3 in 1 3D printer has a modular design, is high quality, easy to maintain and does a lot of things thanks to its multiple tool head — 3D printing, laser engraving and cutting, CNC carving and cutting. Snapmaker 2.0 also has a large build area and print volume which makes it perfect for large projects.
Check our article on best larger 3d printers if you need options for machines that build larger scale objects.
• Frame: Aluminum alloys
• Connectivity: WiFi, USB
• Touchscreen: 5-inch TFT LCD
• Software: Snapmaker Luban, third-party slicers
• Supported OS: MacOS, Windows, Linux
• Rated Power: 320W
• 3D PRINTING SPECS
• Build Volume
A150: 160 x 160 x 145 mm
A250: 230 x 250 x 235 mm
A350: 320 x 350 x 330 mm
• Heated Bed:
A150: 110 °C
A250: 100 °C
A350: 80 °C
• Layer Resolution: 50 – 300 microns
• Nozzle Temperature: Up to 275 °C
• Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
• Supported Materials: PLA, ABS, flexible filament, etc.
• Supported File Types: STL, OBJ
LASER ENGRAVING SPECS
• Work Area
A150: 160 x 160 mm
A250: 230 x 250 mm
A350: 320 x 350 mm
• Laser Power: 1.6W
• Wavelength: 450 nm
• Safety Class: Class 4
• Supported Materials: Wood, leather, plastic, fabric, paper, non-transparent acrylic, etc.
• Supported File Types: SVG, JPEG, PNG, etc.
• Work Area
A150: 160 x 160 x 90 mm
A250: 230 x 250 x 180 mm
A350: 320 x 350 x 275 mm
• Shank Diameter: 0.5mm-6.35 mm (0.02-0.25 inches)
• Spindle Speed: 6000-12,000 RPM
• Supported Materials: Wood, acrylic, PCB, carbon fiber sheets, jade, etc.
• Supported File Types: .CNC/.NC
2. Snapmaker Original 3-in-1 3D Printer Review
Snapmaker is popular brand when it comes to versatility in 3D printing. Snapmaker Original 3-in-1 3D Printer is the first generation model of the known brand. If you want a machine that can print, engrave and cut, it’s this 3D printer, CNC milling machine, and laser engraver in one.
Snapmaker Original comes with advanced solutions for print quality and machine reliability. It is quick to set up and easy to use. It has swappable and removable elements and it makes use of strategically placed magnets that make it idiot-proof when setting up its modes and configurations.
I also love its look and design. It has a heavy-duty aluminum frame, trapezoid shape and distinctive swappable tool heads. It has aluminum plates too for rigidity. It is designed as such to drag a CNC cutting tool through a solid block of woods. Also, stability is essential for the machine because you can’t mechanically level the bet. Moreover, the system auto-calibrates to give it a level and so that the bed would stay put no matter what.
Also, it comes in a complete set which includes single and dual extrusion print head, CNC, laser, and thick paste extruder tool. It comes equipped with all the tool heads, standard tools and safety accessories need.
Snapmaker Original 3-in-1 3D Printer is a great machine with impressive functionalities. It takes a small space, has a decent work volume, easy to operate and the company has a good reputation in the industry. I’m very impressed with this 3 in 1 3D printer that’s why it makes it into my best all in one 3D printers list.
• Color Touchscreen 3.5″
• Depth 335 mm (13.2”)
• Height 289 mm (11.4”)
• Width 272 mm (10.7”)
• Frame Material Aluminum Alloys
• File Transfer USB Disk, USB Cable
• Power Requirement 100 – 240V AC
• Supported OS macOS, Windows
• Heated Bed Up to 80°C
• Build Volume 125 x125 x125 mm (4.9” x 4.9” x 4.9”)
• Print Head Travel Speed Up to 100 mm/s
• Nozzle Diameter 0.4 mm
• Nozzle Temperature Up to 250°C
• Layer Resolution 50 – 300 microns
• Supported Materials Non-proprietary 1.75 mm PLA, ABS, etc.
• Nonsupported Materials Alumide, graphite, etc
• Supported File Types STL, OBJ
• Software Snapmakerjs. You can also use 3rd party software
• Work Area 125 x125 mm (4.9” x 4.9”)
• Laser Power 200 mW
• Wavelength 405 nm
• Safety Class Class 3B
• Supported Materials Wood, bamboo, leather, plastic, fabric, paper, non-transparent acrylic, etc.
• Nonsupported Materials Metal, glass, gem, transparent material, reflective materials, etc.
• Supported File Types SVG, JPEG, PNG, etc.
• Work Area 90 x90 x50 mm (3.5” x 3.5” x 2.0”)
• Shank Diameter 3.175 mm
• Spindle Speed 19,000 RPM.
• Supported Materials Wood, acrylic, PCB, carbon fiber sheet, jade, etc.
• Nonsupported Materials Metal, glass, gem, etc.
• Supported File Types SVG, STEP, IGES, IGS, DWG, DXF, etc.
3. Creality CP-01 3D Printer Review
Creality is one of the very popular 3D printer manufacturers in the market and it brings another great 3-in-1 3D printer to you with CP-01, a modular machine with “exchangeable head attachments for 3D printing, laser engraving, and CNC engraving.”
It has several tool head options for each of its functions and each module has a universal connector, it is easy to swap out, reconfigure, and switch between different functions regularly to make the entire switching process fast, easy and convenient.
Creality CP-01 has FDM 3D capabilities and can print PLA, ABS filaments and TPU filaments. It allows you to print exotic filaments that do not require extreme temperatures. Its build volume has to be manually-leveled but it has bed glass so warping won’t be an issue.
It also makes a great entry-level CNC machine because it can sink its bit into plastic, wood, paper and PCB. It is compatible with soft metals like aluminum but with a frame and spindle.
Meanwhile, it uses a laser rated at less than 0.5W and an engraving area of 100×190. If you are looking for your first laser engraving module this will do. It works with wood, paper, plastic and more!
Overall, Creality CP-01 has a sturdy build, high-precision accuracy, exquisite engraving model, and stable operation. Also, it costs less than $1,000 and delivers several functionalities. It’s a great value for money.
• Technology: FDM
• Build Volume: 200 mm x 200 mm x 200 mm
• Maximum Z Resolution: 0.1 mm
• Printer Control: Touchscreen
• Connectivity: Online web interface, SD card
• Printing materials: PLA, ABS, TPU, PVA filament
• Random software Cura, Simplify3D
• Print data format: STL, OBJ, AMF
• Machine Weight: 10 kg
• Carving/Cutting Size: 200 mm x 200 mm
• Materials: Wood, paper, PCB, plastic, etc.
• Spindle Speed: 4,800 rpm max
• Drill Chuck Clamping Range: 0-4 mm
• Engraving Size: 100 mm x 190 mm
• Materials: Wood, paper, plastic, etc.
• Laser Power: less than 0.5W
• File format: SVG, BMP, NG, PG, DXF
4. Zmorph Fab 3 in 1 3D Printer Review
ZMorph Fab is another great professional multifunctional 3D printer because just like ZMorph VX, it offers three functionalities — 3D printing, CNC milling and laser engraving. According to ZMorph CEO Maciej Nawrocki, the brand has evolved and they made huge improvements in Fab.
“We are now working on a product which addresses professional expectations in terms of reliability, repeatability, and reproducibility, as well as serviceability. This will be an offer where we deliver a full ecosystem,” he said.
This 3 in 3D printer comes with interchangeable tool heads that allow you to switch to whatever job you need to accomplish. ZMorph Fab allows you to print using various filaments including ABS and TPE filament. The use of heated substance contributes to better adhesion of the first layer and reduces the risk of process failure. Plus, it has a new version that allows the tool head to extrude two materials at the same time.
It is also equipped with better CNC milling. It has a newly redesigned aluminum worktable that protects the electronics from dust leftovers from CNC machining and a new clamping method that makes mounting machined material easier and faster. Also, it allows you to work with blocks of material with irregular geometries.
ZMorph Fab 3 i 1 3D printer uses its all-in-one software, Voxelizer, for all of its functionalities. It works as an all-in-one slicer and file preparation software for 3d printing, CNC milling and laser engraving. Thanks to this, you only need to learn one software to perform and enjoy all of its features. Plus, Voxelizer has an optimized workflow specifically designed for ZMorph 3d printers, has built-in presets, supports multi-material 3D printing, and more.
Overall, Fab is an impressive all-in 3D printer that delivers what it promises. It’s a great value for money especially that it can do more than 3D printing. Most importantly, it is easy to use and reliable, you can make it work in minutes straight from the box.
• 3D printing technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
• Tool heads: Single Extruder Toolhead 1.75, Dual Extruder Toolhead
• Layer resolution: 0.05 – 0.4mm*
• Maximum printing temperature: 250°C
• Work area: 235 x 250 x 165mm
• Maximum bed temperature: 115°C
• Minimum wall thickness: 0.4mm*
• Dimensional accuracy: +/- 0.2mm
• Work area leveling method: Automatic, Manual
• Material container: Spool, reel
• Material diameter: 1.75mm, 3.00mm (with the 3.00mm Single Extrusion Toolhead)
• Compatible Nozzle diameters: 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5mm
• Support structures: Mechanically and chemically removed – printed with the same material as the model
• The Dual Extrusion Toolhead allows multi-material 3D printing
• Connectivity: USB, Ethernet, SD card
• Compatible Materials: PLA, ABS, PET, Nylon, PVA, HIPS filament, ASA, TPE, PP, PC, PMMA, PC/ABS
• Work speed: 40 mm/s
• Travel speed: 120 mm/s
• Ambient Operation Temperature: 15 ~ 30 °C
• Storage Temperature: -10 ~ 40 °C
• Tool head CNC spindle
• Spindle max power: 300 W
• Noise: 70 dB
• Work area leveling method: Manual
• Work area: 235 x 250 x 85 mm **
• Work speed: 0.1 ~ 20 mm/s
• Travel speed: 120 mm/s
• Available Materials: ABS, Nylon filament, HDPE, PTFE, PC, PP, POM, PMMA, PVC, HIPS, LDPE, PET filament, Carbon, CCL FR4, Dibond, TCF, Wood, Woodlike, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Cardboard, Wax, Modeling board, Styrodur
• Tool holding: ER-11 collet
LASER ENGRAVING / LASER CUTTING
• Tool head: Laser
• Laser spot size for 50mm: 0.1 x 0.1 mm
• Laser spot size for 80mm: 0.1 x 0.18 mm
• Wavelength: 450 nm
• Laser class: 4
• Laser power: 2.8 W
• Noise: 40 dB
• Work area leveling method: Manual
• Work area: 235 x 250 x 85 mm
• Work speed: 15 mm/s
• Travel speed: 120 mm/s
• Available Materials: Wood, wood-like, leather, EPP, paper, cardboard, felt, foil, laminate, EVA Foam, CCL FR4***
WEIGHT AND PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
• Printer without a spool holder: 520 x 500 x 450 mm
• Printer with a spool holder: 520 x 500 x 570 mm
• Printer with a HEPA filter: 570 x 500 x 570 mm
• Dimensions of the transport box: 600 x 600 x 570 mm
• Full set weight: 28.70 kg
• Printer weight: 14.45 kg
• Single Extruder Toolhead 1.75mm weight: 0.70 kg
• Dual Extruder Tool head: 1.00 kg
• CNC Milling Tool head: 0.90 kg
• Laser Toolhead: 0.32 kg
• Thick Paste Extruder Toolhead: 0.60 kg
• Software Bundle: Voxelizer
• Supported File Types .stl, .obj, .step, .dxf, .png, .bmp
• Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7/10 (64 bit), Mac OS (10.13 or higher), Linux (experimental)
• AC Input: 100 VAC ~ 4 A 50/60 Hz / 240 VAC ~ 2 A 50/60 Hz
• Maximum Power Consumption: 350 W
• Power Consumption with singlehead extruder: 220 W
• Power Consumption with Dualhead extruder: 230 W
• Power Consumption with CNC toolhead: 330 W
• Power Consumption with Laser toolhead: 80 W
• Filter type: HEPA/Carbon
• Ventilation power: 1.54 W
• Filter dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25 mm
• Filter system dimensions: 85 x 85 x 50 mm
• Filtration control: Temperature
5. 5Axismaker CNC Machine Review
5Axismaker CNC machine is a large format professional 3-in-3d printer. It makes it into our list because it is more than just a 3D printer. It can also do CNC milling, 3D scanning, hot-wire cutting and 3D printing.
5-axis machining refers to a machine’s ability to move a tool or workpiece in different axes simultaneously. It includes features for basic CNC milling and operates on three main axes, X, Y, and Z. Meanwhile, the CNC mill can rotate two additional axes A and B, giving the cutting tool a multidirectional approach.
This 3 in 1 3D printer is built with easily replaceable modules for simpler repair and maintenance. It is also designed with a suspension mechanism for stepper motors and to avoid backlash and damage to the whole machine during the collision. Also, each axis uses built-in induction sensors for reliable, safe repeatable performance and the tool head uses BC sensor homing. It also automates calibration and positioning for a fast and practical set-up.
It offers a cost-effective manufacturing solution with access to a machining range of angles, arc and undercuts that were only possible through multiple setups, fixtures and jigs before. It has additional axes that help it achieve complex shapes and part designs without losing the precision to maintain quality.
Two of its axes reduce vibration that improves quality and delivers a fine surface finish. It also offers high production throughput and is entering an era of high-speed machining.
5-Axis machining is not the best 3 in 1 3D printer for beginners as it requires advanced operator skills. It is also expensive. But, it’s an impressive all-in-one 3D printer and definitely a great buy!
• Model: 5AXISMAKER CNC machine
• Brand: 5AXISWORKS
• Release date: 2015
• Country: United Kingdom
• Status: Available
• Category: Professional
• Connectivity: USB and Ethernet
• Technology: Extrusion
• Material Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…) Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)
• Max. build size: 400 × 400 × 400 mm
• Max. build volume: 64 L
• Min. layer thickness: 0.04 mm
• Max. print speed: 250 mm/s
Dimensions: 790 × 580 × 800 mm
Weight: 72 kg
Nozzle diameter: 0.6 mm
Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
Power input:1200W, 240-100V, 50/60hz, 13A
The best three in one 3D printers help you do more than 3D print. It also serves as your laser engraver, laser cutter, CNC milling machine and more. They are usually more expensive than regular 3D printers, but they are worth it because they can do more.
3 in 1 3D printers have multiple tool heads that’s why they can do more than regular 3D printers do. They are like a Swiss knife because they are a 3D printer, laser engraver, laser cutter and CNC milling machine rolled into one. If you want to purchase a multi-tool 3D printing machine your best options include Snapmaker 2.0, Creality CP-01, and ZMorph VX to name a few.
If you wish to learn more about 3D printers, check our homepage!